- Two heads of broccoli
- Two cloves of crushed garlic
- Three tbsp. of freshly chopped ginger
- Three tbsp. of Sesame seed oil
- One-quarter cup of soy sauce
- One-quarter cup of Worcestershire sauce
- One-quarter cup of water
- Two whole star anise pods
- Snip the ends of broccoli, and wash the two heads thoroughly.
- Set them aside. In a pot, add the sesame seed oil and heat slightly. Then add the garlic and ginger and stir so they don’t burn.
- Add the two heads of broccoli and stir gently.
- Add the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, water, and star anise pods.
- Cover the pot with a top, and let the broccoli simmer until cooked but not too cooked to the point of mushiness. Keep the broccoli whole but not too firm.